quote

I Never Cared, I Was Careless, Feared Being Afraid,
Naw, Maybe I'm Afraid To Be Fearless, Or Fear Being
Fearless,
But Fearful, So Even In My Carelessness, I Gotta Be Careful.
-Joe Budden-

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am



7/17/10 - moments before my FIRST performance EVER...
at the 2nd annual Poetry In Pink event 
hosted by Angelique Imani Rodriguez (@imani_sublime)







I am unstoppable,
through the trials and tribulations...
through the clouds and rainy days
I remain strong like the wind before the storm....

I am a mountain
weathered but unmovable
Anchored to my faith.

I am strong...

I am a warrior, a soldier
Fighting the battles of my mind, body and soul.
Strength in the presence of chaos.


I am determined...
Laughing in the face of fear.
I will not give up.
Letting go is not an option.

I chose life, I chose to fight.


I am a phoenix...
reborn from ashes
ready to live again...
determination burning all fears....
destroying all insecurities.

I am a woman...
a fighter...
a chameleon.
Adapting to changes...
I am not afraid
I am...undefeated.
I will not lose.

I am a survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment